K-Drama : When The Weather Is Fine

Title : When The Weather Is Fine
Released : 2020 
Leads : Seo Kang Joon, Park Min Young

I fell head over heels for Seo Kang Joon's character; Im Eun Seob. He felt like the calm after the storm. He was the anchor that held the ship from floating away. He is like a big tree that stood tall and strong against the wind. 

Seo Kang Joon's acting was emaculate. He expressed Im Eun Seob through his eyes. At one point I drowned in his soul. 

For a melodrama this one moved at a good pace. The backstory for both Im Eun Seob and Mok Hae Won (portrayed by Park Min Young) were both equally heartbreaking. 

There were moments when I was frustrated by Mok Hae Won. But I soon realised it was coming from my own greed of wanting to see Im Eun Seob happy because I felt he deserved better. 

But as I looked back and realised Im Eun Seob is a lonely soul. As much as he tries to open his heart, he is incapable of being an open book. There will always be parts of him that requires patience from the other person. 

Mok Hae Won isn't quite that person. She is in fact quite a selfish person. Mok Hae Won, like the rest of her family is someone who is trying to survive in her own ocean. She doesn't have the capability to rescue others drowning in their ocean. 

The most satisfying about the drama is how both characters hide nothing from one another. They tell each other their secrets. And that's what brought them together. 

✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨

This drama played with the idea that people keep their feelings for another person alive for many years. 

All characters are bound to the person from their past. It seems a little far fetch for me. But, seeing how they are in a small town and everybody knows everything about everybody. I suppose up to a certain level, it made sense. The air flow in circles and nothing really changes there. It's almost like being frozen in time. 

❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️

There were only two things that bothered me:

🎈 They didn't address whether Mok Hae Won knew her father was abusing her mother. Somehow I feel that would've played a strong point in her relationship with her own mother. 

🎈 As much as I love all the actors, I wish they had casted child actors. What was missing was the youthful innocence of going through something for the first time.

This drama goes on my recommendation list of dramas you should watch. 

It is also the first drama that I quoted from. I kept feeling like someone walked into my brain and took out all the words I wanted to say. 

Comments