C-Drama : Falling Into Your Smile

Title : Falling Into Your Smile
Episodes : 31
Released : 2021
Leads : Xu Kai, Cheng Xiao

My first C-Drama and I fell so hard.

I started watching this drama after 28 episodes was released. 

What made me do it?

Well, TWO major factors :

(1) I kept seeing clips from the drama of Lu SiCheng and Tong Yao. In that span of 1 minute, I thought they looked cute together

(2) I downloaded weTV app to watch The Witch's Diner that was starting this week and found this drama was also there.

To not over excite myself, I started watching the drama at Episode 18. I choose the middle to see if I would like it. I didn't just like it. I love it.

I watched episodes 18-28 back to back and then I went back to Episode 1 because my love for the drama kept growing and there was no turning back.

🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸

Falling Into Your Smile is a drama that focuses on the lives of Professional Gamers in the e-sports industry.

In the 31 episodes, they highlighted issues like

🎮 Society's prejudice towards the industry calling them internet addicts. Most of their parents were against them playing game as a career as it was seen as a waste of time.

🎮 Through Tong Yao's character, they showed the scepticism people have towards a female gamer in a male dominated industry.

🎮 ZGDX team members and Ming however, trained Tong Yao and developed
her skills. Through the hawk-eyed Captain Lu SiCheng, who was strict with her and reminded her that as a Pro-Gamer she will always be in the public eyes and bound to be criticised. Lu SiCheng made sure to keep Tong Yao in line and have her seen as a professional along  with the boys in her team.

🎮 The fall and rise of the gamers and how a team can go from professional league to being disbanded. 

ZGDX Ming had to retire because of hand injury. 

DQ FIVE Dragon was criticised and eventually had to leave when he was found to be sleeping around with his fans. 

DQ FIVE went from being a top group in the league to being disbanded after Dragon left.

YQCB rose from the bottom to competing in the finals. 

 ðŸŽ® When it comes to love. Well, we love what we love and that's up to us.

When JinYang was criticised for being indifferent towards Ai Jia's performance during one tournament, Ai Jia assured her that pro-gaming is his career and it should not concern her.

When Lu SiCheng was asked about his ideal girl, he said he wants to date someone who is a better gamer than him. Did he lose on purpose during the solo game with Tong Yao? Does it matter? And even if he did lose on purpose wasn't he doing it to prove a point?

🧩🧩🧩🧩🧩🧩🧩🧩🧩🧩🧩🧩🧩🧩🧩

Personally for me the drama was well balanced to show their personal lives as well as the gaming part of it.

I don't have a clue about the gaming so I cannot judge if it was good, however, as a non gamer it did catch my interest.

Okay now I am going to rewatch all episodes. 


Comments