K-Drama : My Roommate Is A Gumiho

Title : My Roommate Is A Gumiho 
Episodes : 16 
Leads : Jang Ki Yong, Lee HyeRi

🧩🧩🧩🧩🧩🧩🧩🧩🧩🧩🧩🧩🧩🧩🧩


My Roommate Is A Gumiho ended this week with the expected ending.

The first half of the drama was fun to watch and had a lot to offer. Up until the episode where Woo Yeo and Lee Dam broke up the drama was still engaging. 

The second half however, was less exciting. It occured to me that most things about the storyline was explained by HyeSun's narrative. 

At one point it felt like the only thing I needed to do was watch HyeSun's scenes cause that's where the main point is.

Personally I felt they rushed the ending too. 

Within a short span of one hour they tried to push through the last plot of Woo Yeo disappearing and also attempted to give life to 2 new couples which they have been hinting at from very early on. 

I wished they had given time for those 2 couples to tell their story. It would have been better filler scenes compared to the never ending drunken Lee Dam scenes. 

A lot could have been cut out from Ep 15 but since they cramped everything in Ep 16 I felt I was not given enough time to feel anything. Too many things happened in that short one hour span.

I have to say I was expecting the disappearing plot would happen. They have been hinting on it for awhile. And so, when it actually happened I was not surprised. 

At this point I cannot help but compare this drama to another mystical theme drama where the male lead is also about 1000 years old and disappeared on the roof in the dark of night. 

And the scene where Woo Yeo was "hanging" in the in between and finally returned when he hears her was quite similar too. 

🔻🔻🔻🔻🔻🔻🔻🔻🔻🔻🔻🔻🔻🔻🔻

I wish :

🎀 They had given us Woo Yeo and Hye Sun Gumiho life story. They have been alive for 1000 years and 700 years but so little was told about their Gumiho days when that is the main plot. 

🎀 They had developed Seon Woo's character and not just known as the jerk who likes Lee Dam. They made the character so insignificant that I wondered why they even bothered. I find it a waste of Bae In Hyuk's talent.

🎀 They had given more time to the 2 new couple they introduced right at the end. 

Lee Dan and Seo Woo would be this cute always bickering couple. Seo Woo is clingy and annoying but Lee Dan is mature. 

Suk Kyeong and Seok Sunbae would have been the top student couple. 

🔻🔻🔻🔻🔻🔻🔻🔻🔻🔻🔻🔻🔻🔻🔻

In the end, the drama ended with the expected warm happy ending. 

🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸

Comments